May I just say that I have the best mother in the whole world. I know that everyone says that, but in this case it's true. She's always been there for me and always has time to listen to me when I need someone to talk to. One of the things that I most admire about her is the way she managed to teach me not with lectures and words, but with a quiet example. I can only recall one or two instances where she had to scold me or punish me. She trusted me when I was growing up and in high school, and that made me never want to do anything to lose that trust. Even when she knew some of the stupid things that me and my friends were up to, she allowed me to make my own decisions, trusting that I'd make the right one, and I usually did, just because I always wanted her to be able to believe in me. Somehow, she managed to raise 7 great children, all of whom turned out good, healthy, and faithful. I know we drove her nuts at times, but she loved us unconditionally and taught us to be great. I can only hope to do half as good a job at raising my own kids that she did with us. Love ya Mom.
And I can't forget to give a shout out to all the other mothers in my life, my wonderful sisters and sister-in-law. What marvelous examples they all are of love and diligence in motherhood. They're the greatest examples and friends I have in my life. I hope the girl I someday marry will be as good of a mother as they have been. You guys are the best!


No comments:
Post a Comment